[Geany-devel] Plugin Version control (explained?)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Aug 20 15:18:24 UTC 2011

Le 19/08/2011 08:40, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:02:23 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>>> This would avoid having a broken getter in the API (or whatever)
>>> that we don't notice just because the core doesn't use it.
>>
>> With the past non-proactive adding of things to the API there should
>> not be too much in that category, but over time it may accumulate as
>> we add more but don't remove stuff so we don't break the ABI.
>
> Well, I don't think this is a reason for using the same functions in
> core, but a good one to use a test framework which is testing the API
> maybe as a post commit hook.

Would be really good.  Not sure how to do this however, we'd need to
spawn Geany, load a test plugin… any idea?

I'm afraid we can't do a classic suite of unit tests since we don't have
real "units" (maybe we should, but that's another problem...).

Cheers,
Colomban