[Geany-devel] Use of Scintilla word boundaries for word searches

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Aug 20 14:41:43 UTC 2011

Le 19/08/2011 19:40, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:10:42 +0200
> Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to address bug 3386129 [1], and I'd like comments & reviews
>> about my fix, because the whole thing don't look obvious at all...
>>
>> We already have 2 ways of determining what a "word" is: a manual one
>> using GEANY_WORDCHARS or a caller-given list of wordchars, and one that
>> uses Scintilla's word boundaries.
>
> 3?

No, my sentence was misleading, sorry.

1) a manual one using GEANY_WORDCHARS or a caller-given list of wordchar
2) one that uses Scintilla's word boundaries

> [...]
>
>> I'd appreciate reviews & comments :)
>
> +	guint start;
> +	guint end;
>
> We always use gint for positions. Nothing else suspicious, at least
> from a first sight.

True. Though actually it only prevents from having a "signed vs.
unsigned" warning, but I'll fix this.

Cheers,
Colomban