[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 20 00:51:51 UTC 2011

On 08/19/2011 05:29 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

> @Matthew, you seem to be up with ways of using the tools, so maybe you
> can start a wiki page documenting how you see the process working,
> noting how to handle conflicts between personal branches, still
> handling patches, integration of things like nightly builds etc.
> Pretty much anything you write for Git will work with the other two.

I'm certainly no Git expert by any stretch, just that I find it (and the
project sites based around it) much easier and pleasant to use.

I will start a Wiki page for this as Frank and yourself have suggested,
but in the meatime, this model seems to be quite logical (can't remember
if I posted this in the other thread):

> As to providers, Hg is available from Google and SF, and now Google
> offers git as well so thats four for git.  Bazaar seems to be SF and
> Canonical only.

*Please* no Launchpad, it's the only option I would consider worse than
SourceForge :)