[Geany-devel] Plugin Version control (explained?)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Aug 18 16:34:36 UTC 2011

Le 18/08/2011 07:16, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> On 08/17/2011 08:56 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> But a bit of a pain to go back and do the existing ones, unless we
>> decide to make them all since some arbitary API number and then do it
>> right after that.
>>

> Agreed, something like:
>
>     /*
>      * Does stuff with bar
>      * @param bar A bar to perform foo on.
>      * @return A new baz
>      *
>      * @since 0.21 (<= API v212)
>       */
>     baz_t *foo(bar_t *bar);
>
> I'm suggesting this assuming that I could write a little Python script
> to remove 90% of the manual labour from actually going through the
> sources and doing the annotations, otherwise I retract my previous
> statements :)

I don't think it's a good idea to use something like "<= to whatever".
I think we either:

1) leave only the Geany version (not good)
2) add the API version of that release and be OK with the fact it may be
a little to tight -- but huh, who cares?
3) add the exact one, but that's a bit of work -- though Git and a
clever script might be able to do the search part for us.

I'd vote for 2, except if someone want to do 3 :-'

Cheers,
Colomban