[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Aug 18 14:58:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:11:57 +0200
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> > > Well, there are only two possibilities that count IMHO:
> > > 1. compiling on their own: Once compiling your plugins package,
> > > you can do also Geany
> >
> > But why do we force them to compile? We should use our best
> > endeavors to keep old plugins working, especially if there is any
> > delay in getting plugins released.
>
> From time to time you have to break the ABI. To reduce number of
> breakings is discussed on other point. Right now its like that.

Well, I think there have been a number of ideas to decrease the number
of ABI breaks in future. Why not adding this as main goal for 0.22:
Enhancement of plugin API

Cheers,
Frank
--