[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 18 07:14:10 UTC 2011

> However, once a user is compiling its own plugin, they can also compile
> Geany. The dependencies are most likely similar and the efforts not
> much bigger, once you have set up gcc, libgtk2-dev etc.

Why would we expect a PHP or Python developer on Windows to have the
ability to build plugins, they would have to set up the whole mingw
thing as well as compiler and gtk and other tools.  Huge disincentive.