[Geany-devel] Plugin Version control (explained?)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 18 03:56:30 UTC 2011

[...]
> That was *extremely* useful information, you should put that on the Wiki too
> :)

Sure if no one says its wrong.

> For sure, and it's super easy to do, since changes are usually done bit by
> bit, it's literally an extra 30 seconds of time to add this information in
> the doc-comment.

But a bit of a pain to go back and do the existing ones, unless we
decide to make them all since some arbitary API number and then do it
right after that.

>> But perhaps they could be wrapped in a PLUGIN_DECLARE macro or similar.
>>

> Would that just insert the prototypes for all the functions right into the
> source file where that macro is?

The idea was only to declare the three pointers with the correct names
(which need to be in the plugin namespace with the right names for the
macros to work).  I would agree that passing them might be nicer but
then its harder to ensure they have the name that makes the macros
work and they have to be passed to all functions in the plugin by the
same name.  Thats too error prone, this approach may not be nice, but
its easier.