[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Aug 17 19:28:17 UTC 2011

On 08/16/2011 11:38 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:19:35 -0700
> Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>
>> I probably don't understand the topic enough, but to me, it would be
>> cool to say:
>>
>> 	PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECK(0, 20, 42)
>>
>> To mean: "This plugin will only work on the 42nd API change since the
>> 0.20 release or later".
>
> This will end up in a real mass and will cause some unneeded
> maintenance effort on plugin side. So e.g. would be a (0, 21, 45)
> something like (0, 20, 87)? You got the point?

Unfortunately I don't understand your point :(

It's not really important anyway, I just think in general it would be
nice to have it be easier to make new plugins work with older Geany
versions.

Probably the biggest problem I've had is not being able to check if
GEANY_API_VERSION is < 200, but this will be less and less of an issue
over time :)