[Geany-devel] Plugin Version control (explained?)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Aug 17 19:26:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:34:11 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> +1 ... Franks list on the Wiki is an great start!

Thx ;)

> IMO, it's quite useful/important that each function/member's
> doc-comments be annotated with the API version number as well, as has
> been discussed.  This would let developers reading the API docs know
> *exactly* which API version they should check against to use a
> certain thing, even between releases.

I disagree on the between releases point. Plugin developers are asked
to develop against latest stable release of Geany. If they need
something more recent, they know what they are doing.

My suggestion is to add this information with next API extensions. If
somebody likes to dig into source history and check, which API version
which API call is needed, I'm also fine with ;)

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/