[Geany-devel] Plugin Version control (explained?)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Aug 17 16:15:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:37:15 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. structures should not be visible in the interface, instead they
> should be hidden behind getter/setter functions, and
>
> 3. interface wrapper functions should be used to hide the
> implementation and side effects.
>
> The last two have not been Geany policy to date but I now propose
> that they be.

I guess this will change the way plugin developers currently working
with the API. Give that this will stabilize the ABI even more I would
second this. Can you go a bit more into detail what would need to be
changed here?

Cheers,
Frank
--