[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Aug 16 13:49:35 UTC 2011

Am 16.08.2011 15:04, schrieb Chow Loong Jin:

> Sorry, I didn't read the second paragraph properly. I don't really see what kind
> of change a purely API change (without changing ABI) would be, though.

Most importantly: Adding a function to end of the table of API
functions. All existing plugins continue to work without changes or
recompilation.

(This does change the size of that table, but plugins don't allocate
that table and it's singleton, and therefore don't care about its size,
so it's not considered an ABI change)

Changing the name of a function without changing the signature or
changing the return value from int to short or so are pure API changes.

Best regards.