[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Aug 15 19:23:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:45:30 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 08/15/11 10:21, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:57:01 -0700
> > Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
> >
> >> There's a lot of stuff missing from the API reference, even entire
> >> structs and some functions.  So I think anything to make it even
> >> slightly better would be good.
> >
> > I agree. As you you did a lot of work for your Python binding as
> > well as there have been some discussion  on the list, I like to ask
> > you whether you might like to take over the challenge and provide a
> > patchset (or a git maybe) with some improved API documentation? We
> > could also set up a new branch on geany-svn
>
> If I get some time, I could try and do this.  Is anybody opposed to
> putting the API docs in reStructuredText files and generating the API
> docs using Sphinx?  I've been using this for the Python bindings and
> it's quite nice and easy, and there's support for C domain as well.

I saw a nice talk about Sphinx a couple of month ago and wanted to have
a look but didn't had any chance to. So at least I didn't do anything
with it.

> >> Another thing that would be really helpful is to add something to
> >> the doxygen comments like '@since' and to put the plugin API
> >> number when that function/member/struct became available.
> >
> > I'm not sure about. The most interesting number is die Geany main
> > version as you want to build something up to recent Geany version.
> > However, I do understand your suggestion with API number and IIRC we
> > had something like this under discussion earlier.
> >

> Which reminds me, should someone update the Plugin Howto so that it
> checks for a API version number that's more up-to-date?  Currently it
> checks for 147, whenever that was.

Yes, good point. Will do it.

Cheers,
Frank