[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes into devel documentation?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Aug 15 17:45:30 UTC 2011

On 08/15/11 10:21, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:57:01 -0700
> Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>
>> There's a lot of stuff missing from the API reference, even entire
>> structs and some functions.  So I think anything to make it even
>> slightly better would be good.
>
> I agree. As you you did a lot of work for your Python binding as well
> as there have been some discussion  on the list, I like to ask you
> whether you might like to take over the challenge and provide a
> patchset (or a git maybe) with some improved API documentation? We
> could also set up a new branch on geany-svn

If I get some time, I could try and do this.  Is anybody opposed to
putting the API docs in reStructuredText files and generating the API
docs using Sphinx?  I've been using this for the Python bindings and
it's quite nice and easy, and there's support for C domain as well.

>> Another thing that would be really helpful is to add something to the
>> doxygen comments like '@since' and to put the plugin API number when
>> that function/member/struct became available.
>
> I'm not sure about. The most interesting number is die Geany main
> version as you want to build something up to recent Geany version.
> However, I do understand your suggestion with API number and IIRC we
> had something like this under discussion earlier.

Which reminds me, should someone update the Plugin Howto so that it
checks for a API version number that's more up-to-date?  Currently it
checks for 147, whenever that was.