[Geany-devel] Adding a list of filetypes intodevel documentation?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Aug 15 16:57:01 UTC 2011

On 08/15/11 09:34, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Last days I worked a bit using the filetype struct inside a plugin and
> I was searching for a constant for some special filetype. At the end
> (ok, I didn't search this much ...) I was able to find it inside
> filetypes.h, but wondering whether we might could add this (maybe
> automatic) somehow also to API reference.
>
> What do you think?

There's a lot of stuff missing from the API reference, even entire
structs and some functions.  So I think anything to make it even
slightly better would be good.

<rant>

Another thing that would be really helpful is to add something to the
doxygen comments like '@since' and to put the plugin API number when
that function/member/struct became available.

Also, it's annoying searching through comments because all the structs
are documented in the header files, all the functions are documented in
the C files, and yet other things are documented in plugindata.h instead
of either of the other two places.

</rant>

As you can tell, trying to write the Python bindings has made me
slightly irritated with the API references/comments :)  I guess I should
be glad there is an API reference at all, and it's quite good compared
to some other projects.