[Geany-devel] msgwin line and column position [was: Expose yellow wavy line in GeanyIndicators]

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Aug 15 00:19:26 UTC 2011

> the man says that most options (I thing there is details about which
> ones do) have a "no-" variants, and IIRC that only the non-default is
> listed. AFAIK -fshow-column is the default since GGC 4.5, maybe you have
> checked a doc for GCC >= 4.5?

Looked at 4.4 and 4.6 and still only documented as a preprocessor option?

>> Maybe because which errors get columns is variable, until most have
>> the feature its not official yet.

[...]
> Well, when a macro is used and it's the expanded code that triggers the
> warning, yes the line is the one at which the macro is used without
> further details on where in the expanded macro the problem is.

Yeah, same thing for C++ templates, and that is most of the standard
library for C++.

Anyway if Dimitar wants to decode the column numbers in
msgwin_parse_compiler_error_line() and use them to set the cursor
thats fine, so long as column number is optional.

Personally I wouldn't bother to add column numbers to the fallback
msgwindow.c/parse_compiler_error().