[Geany-devel] Broken geany-plugins build

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Aug 14 18:37:42 UTC 2011

On 08/14/11 03:29, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> So, if any of the plugin maintainers, don't want that I touch their
>>> code slightly, either tell me or fix it yourself.
>
> I just did it, sorry guys :).
> It's just a small change, so don't hit me too hard or just come around
> and let's have a beer together.
> I added the config.h include for all the plugins which could be built
> on my system (all except DevHelp and GeanyCFP) and now the build of
> geany-plugins succeed again (on my system).
> However, some plugins compile without any change and without an
> inclusion of config.h. I'm not entirely sure why but leave this to the
> plugin authors.

I think Devhelp doesn't have any translation support yet either, since I
have no idea how to do this.  I'll check out the documents mentioned
elsewhere in the thread for how to do this, though I can only translate
into idiomatic English and broken French myself :)

I did try to fix this after your initial message, but all I needed to do
was to include <string.h> in a few places where I'd forgotten it.

P.S. Above are you saying the Devhelp plugin *won't* build on your
system or that it just didn't need any changes to build?  I'm just
wondering because I've received very little feedback on it, so maybe
it's not building for people?