[Geany-devel] Me, Geany and the future

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Aug 11 14:43:56 UTC 2011

On 08/10/11 14:38, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 09/08/2011 20:38, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>> The first candidate is of course Colomban if he wants.
>
> Well, well, well... I thought a bit about it, and I think I'll accept
> the position if others do.  The problem for me is that, ATM, I don't
> have great plans for Geany's future -- meaning I don't know what I think
> should be added, changed or greatly improved in Geany in the near future.

Just a few more ideas for things that need work, from FAQ:

* Support text with embedded NUL characters
* Support Exuberant Ctags format
* Update TM's Ctags from latest Exuberant Ctags or Anjuta-tags
* Better tag generation support (ie. Javascript, etc)
* Better auto-completion support (ie. local vars, etc)
* Better color scheme support
* Support for plugins in High Level Languages
* Better, fully functional split view
* Better session/project support
* Plugin API and documentation improvements

These are just some of the things I hear people asking about on a fairly
regular basis on the ML, bug tracker, feature requests, and IRC.  As you
know, some have had lots of work done on them already and are just
hanging around gathering dust.

And as Dimitar mentioned, there's plenty of open bug reports.