[Geany-devel] Me, Geany and the future

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Aug 10 04:25:24 UTC 2011

Hi Enrico,

[...]
> I'd like to find a new project maintainer who keeps the development
> going on, coordinate the project with the community, reviews patches,
> makes releases and so on.
> The first candidate is of course Colomban if he wants. Though, I don't

Although my workload means that I don't contribute much, I would
second this, he has shown maturity and care in his work to date as
well as technical competence. (Of course only if he wants to,
definitely no pressure here)

> mind much who wants to continue the project. The only thing I wish is
> that it is continued with the original spirit in mind: keeping Geany
> itself quite small, fast and simple as it has been in the past years.
> We don't need to clone Eclipse :D.

Yes we do, 1000 clones of eclipse in parallel might be nearly as fast
as Geany, he he.

[...]
> Also, I will continue administrating geany.org and the related things
> (the main website, the wiki, nightly.geany.org, irc.geany.org and such
> things).

I would suggest that the project needs to examine how it might stop
relying on Enrico's infrastructure, even if its not immediate, one day
he might get sick of it's leaching off him and whilst it is I would
think it is harder to have others help him with these administrative
tasks.

[...]
> I'm afraid especially for the Windows builds some assistance is
> necessary as before, I always made the Windows builds on my own and
> never documented what's necessary and how this is done (shame on me).

Magic and much German swearing I presume :-)