[Geany-devel] Keybindings for GeanyPy

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 6 04:01:13 UTC 2011

[...]
>> Otherwise I guess it "shouldn't" be too hard to add the extra
>> functionality to Geany but getting stuff from the module is spread
>> around a bit and you would need to be sure the module wasn't unloaded
>> unexpectedly as well.
>>

> How can it be unloaded?

Well I didn't read plugins.c in detail but I suspected that ATM when
you deactivate a plugin in the plugin manager it will unload the
module, but that would be bad for a shared module.

In fact seems to close and re-open whenever you toggle the activate
checkbox, see pm_plugin_toggled() calls plugin_free() which closes the
module.

Just means that you need to be careful when you patch it that the
Python plugin isn't unloadable without unloading all its dependent
plugins.