[Geany-devel] Keybindings for GeanyPy

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 6 03:35:07 UTC 2011

[...]
>> Otherwise the only method would be to load a new copy of your wrapper
>> and the python interpretor for each script you wanted to use. (Yuk,
>> but might be the only way at the moment).
>>

> In *theory* it might not be so bad, since there's a function
> Py_IsInitialized() that could check to make sure if a Python interpreter has
> been started, rather than starting a new one.  Since it's all in Geany's
> (the same) process, this *should* work - without having seperate instances
> of the Python interperter and the geany python modules for each sub-plugin.
>  But still, each script would needs it's own (boiler-plate) loader C
> file/.so/.dll in order to be detected by Geany, which does feel a little
> wrong.

I suppose the dll loader won't let you load multiple copies of the
same dll and resolve them all to the same copy?  Not that I can see
from g_module...

Otherwise I guess it "shouldn't" be too hard to add the extra
functionality to Geany but getting stuff from the module is spread
around a bit and you would need to be sure the module wasn't unloaded
unexpectedly as well.