[Geany-devel] Keybindings for GeanyPy

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 6 02:29:28 UTC 2011

On 08/05/11 11:26, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 20:01:23 -0700
> Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>
>> I'm seeking ideas/advice for how I can implement keybindings for Python
>> plugins[1].  [...] I'm at the design state right now, so if anyone has
>> any ideas for how I should implement this, using either Geany's plugin
>> API, PyGTK directly, or something else [...]
>
> I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but geanyextrasel attaches itself
> to main window's key-press and defines it's own keys. Their priority is
> less than the keybindings of Geany IIRC. Hope that helps.

Nice!

That's basically what I was trying to do in PyGTK, but I got caught up
with having to handle completely arbitrary key combinations where
geanyextrasel is looking for a specific modifier mask plus one? other
key.  It's probably easy to do this, but I haven't got it quite working yet.

I'm not too concerned that Geany's own (and other plugins') callbacks
will run before the Python plugins' callbacks, as long as it's
documented somewhere (at least until I send some patches to geany core
to do what Lex suggested).