[Geany-devel] Keybindings for GeanyPy

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Aug 5 03:01:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm seeking ideas/advice for how I can implement keybindings for Python
plugins[1].  Since `geany_plugin` will be the same for all Python
plugins, I don't think I could use the regular way.  I wouldn't want
every Python plugin's keybindings showing up under the same 'GeanyPy' group.

I tried with a gtk.AccelGroup() on the geany.main_widgets.window from
Python/PyGTK, but Geany seems to block most keybindings doing it that
way.  I really don't know much about this either.

I'm at the design state right now, so if anyone has any ideas for how I
should implement this, using either Geany's plugin API, PyGTK directly,
or something else I don't know about, I'd much appreciate hearing them.

I'm kinda at a loss here.

[1] https://github.com/codebrainz/geanypy