[Geany-devel] Git Switch (again)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Apr 30 09:48:23 UTC 2011

On 04/30/11 02:07, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:43:39 +0200, Jiří wrote:
>

>> One more idea - even if the core developers don't want the switch, at
>> least the current geany git repository could be set up to push changes
>> to github so people who want to use git have an up-to-date mirror from
>> which they can clone and create their personal branches.
>
> Sure.
> Does anyone know how to do this?
> Adding a hook script to "forward" the commits wouldn't be a problem, I
> just don't know how to do this.

I think the more important part is, are the core developers going to
accept pull/merge requests on github/gitorious, apply commits/patches
from there, etc.?  If it's only going to be another read-only git
mirror, it's kind of pointless.  I don't mean to say that it's a bad
idea to have the "official Geany source" available on various projects
sites to fork/hack on and stuff, just that it doesn't address the
problem being discussed at all.