[Geany-devel] Set Filetypes Menu

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Apr 30 06:23:45 UTC 2011

On 04/29/11 09:34, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:06:46 +0100
> Nick Treleaven<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:13:05 -0700
>> Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:
>>
>>> - I generally wouldn't consider CSS a markup language, but it probably
>>> technically is.  IMHO it would be more apt to put it under Miscellaneous.
>>
>> I agree, I think there is little overlap with CSS and document
>> languages like HTML.
>
> As Lex and Enrico probably prefer it in the Markup group, I decided
> to leave it. It may be more practical there.

Agree.  Lex's point is true, and I think it truly is a markup language,
according to Wiki anyway.

>>> - I believe LaTex, Markdown, and reStructuredText are Markup Languages.
>>
>> Good point also, and txt2tags.
>
> And YAML. Now done.

Heh.  I actually had put YAML in the above list, but I removed it while
revising my message before sending because:

1) It's an acronym for 'YAML Ain't Markup Language'.
2) I've only ever used it (or seen it used) as a configuration or
serialization format, rather than for marking anything up.

I'm not saying it doesn't fit best under Markup, just why I didn't list
it :)

I'm gonna try it out later tonight.  Thanks