[Geany-devel] Color Schemes Menu Patches

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Apr 29 16:59:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 23:54:03 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made some minor changes to the Color Schemes menu, I wanted to
> see if they look ok.  One of my concerns is that maybe opening/reading
> each color scheme file like this might be "too slow", but it seems to
> only happen once, so I'm not sure whether it's significant.  It "feels"
> fine when I use it with all of the geany-themes color schemes.

Sorry for the late response.

I think the color scheme menu should probably be replaced with a dialog
instead. That way the color scheme files don't need to be read unless
the dialog is shown. Although this is not a noticeable performance
problem, I think it would be good practice to do this, and using a
dialog is more flexible.

Regards,
Nick