[Geany-devel] Plugins quality

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Apr 29 08:41:30 UTC 2011

Am 28.04.2011 09:47, schrieb Matthew Brush:
> On 04/28/11 00:10, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>
>> However, I recognized tons of compiler warnings which did make me upset.
>> I know, many of them might not be any dangerous but I really like to ask
>> you to to have a look onto it and fix where possible/useful.
>
> My plugin's 'make check' output, unlike its source code, is clean.

This wasn't onto some special plugin but whole plugins project in
general. I don't see it as single task for a single maintainer, but as a
common task for whole project to keep overall quality high inside all
plugins.

>> P.S. Well, I'm, not sure for how long make check didn't work, but based
>> on commits I would say for a couple of weeks. Does actually anybody of
>> you use this?
>
> I do, though I haven't actually worked on the Devhelp plugin in some time.
>
> BTW, for me the 'make check' fails with, not sure if it's supposed to
> fail the build on these cases or not:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/mbrush/Projects/Geany/geany-plugins/geany-plugins/pretty-printer/src'
>
> /usr/bin/cppcheck -q --template gcc --error-exitcode=2 .
> ./PrettyPrinter.c:110: error: Common realloc mistake: "xmlPrettyPrinted"
> nulled but not freed upon failure
> ./PrettyPrinter.c:183: error: Common realloc mistake: "xmlPrettyPrinted"
> nulled but not freed upon failure

Did you use clean sources? Which is you system as on my Debian unstable
with AMD64 there have been no issues ....

Cheers,
Frank