[Geany-devel] GProject - missing Geany patches

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Thu Apr 28 20:58:26 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 19:46, Colomban Wendling
<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:
> Le 28/04/2011 01:49, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
>> Le 10/04/2011 15:03, Jiří Techet a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> 2edb068b81cb6d541d667efecd0ec4c346f0df51 Open the file in the
>>> msgwindow even if no linenumber is specified
>>
>> I'll review this one later (tomorrow if it goes right).
>
> I don't really like the patch and preferred to change
> msgwin_parse_grep_line() to something that directly parse
> file[:line[...]] so no need to do everything twice.

I agree it's not very nice, on the other hand I think it's the
smallest patch that achieves what I need. Modifying
msgwin_parse_grep_line() isn't enough, you'd have to modify
parse_file_line() and be _very_ careful because you could screw up
parse_compiler_error_line() which uses this function too with
different parameters.

> Though, why did you add a g_file_test(filename, G_FILE_EXISTS) before
> document_open_file()? Was it not to show "unable to open file" when the
> line don't actually contain a file or is this just a duplicate?

Precisely, otherwise the error appears in status bar every time you
click a message without a filename in it.

> However, again, I'm not sure why it's so important for your plugin since
> it may easily add a line suffix, though it's a little hackish, I admit.

Exactly. When I search for a file with the given name, then the result like

foo_bar.c:851

looks a little strange (I had to put the current cursor's position
there if the file was opened, otherwise the buffer scrolled to a
different place). So even though there's a workaround, I'd prefer to
have it handled in geany.

Jiri