[Geany-devel] No tags found after saving filetype_extensions.conf

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Apr 26 16:28:52 UTC 2011

Le 26/04/2011 16:52, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:24:01 +0100
> Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> The bug still occurs with latest SVN. I can now reproduce it by
>> starting Geany, loading a text file e.g.
>> ChangeLog, then loading my user filetype_extensions.conf. Edit
>> something in filetype_extensions.conf, the tag list stays OK. Save and
>> it reads 'No tags found'.
> This bug now seems to be unrelated to the recent changes. I tried an
> older version of Geany SVN from about 2011/03/11 and it has the same
> problem.
> The bug seems to only occur with the combination of files I mentioned
> above.

OK, I see, really weird at first glance :D

The problem have nothing to do with tag changes, but maybe with document
array sorting, not sure. Actually the problem is that when saving
filetypes_extension.conf, we reloads it implicitly and we re-set the
filetype of each document, thus updating the tag list. But we don't
check we try to show the correct tag list, so if the last document
updated isn't the current one, we will show a wrong tag list.

I've fixed this (r5742) by making symbols_update_tag_list() change the
displayed symbol tree view only if it's the one of the current document.
This also allowed me to drop a part of my previous change, since it'd be
a duplicate now.


More information about the Devel mailing list