[Geany-devel] GProject - missing Geany patches

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Tue Apr 26 09:30:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:18:16 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 15:03, Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > first sorry for disappearing for such a long time - I didn't have
> > much free time left in the past months and from the time I had I
> > dedicated most of it to the libchamplain library I maintain to make
> > some bigger changes and adapt it to GTK 3 in time for Gnome 3. The
> > good news is that I didn't convert to Eclipse or Emacs
> > meanwhile ;-).
> >
> > There are still quite many patches I have against geany in my
> > repository and I'd like to have at least part of them merged so I
> > don't have to maintain my own geany branch. So at the moment the
> > highest-priority patches for me are those which are necessary in
> > order to make GProject working so it can become one of official
> > geany plugins. The patches can be found at usual place:
> >
> > https://gitorious.org/~techy/geany/gproject-geany
> >
> > under the for_review4 branch. Only the first three of them are
> > needed for GProject so they should have the highest priority when
> > reviewing:
> >
> > 4774306b7f65237ef75b01e8d6c8312dcc5c526e Make project patterns
> > visible 57b4120f94e611e8143fba89e397588de8693ec3 Use project
> > patterns in the FIF dialog 2edb068b81cb6d541d667efecd0ec4c346f0df51
> > Open the file in the msgwindow even if no linenumber is specified
> >
> > More info about the patches is in the commit description. If there
> > are some questions, please ask me. Also if you prefer the patches
> > in the form of ordinary patches rather than git repo, just let me
> > know.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jiri
>
> Hi,
>
> more than two weeks have passed without any response and I fear it
> will end the same way as many times before - that I post my patches,
> nobody looks at them and they get forgotten. I fully understand that
> people have limited time to work on geany (so do I), the problem is
> that most of the patches are 9 months old and they haven't been
> reviewed so far.
>
> Of course I understand that you may not want to have some patches
> merged to geany - just tell me and I'll either remove or rework them.
> I'd just like to get some sort of feedback - positive or negative.
>
> Please let me know if there's anything I can help with to get the
> patches reviewed. Or, if you don't want my patches at all for some
> reason, please tell me as well so I stop spamming the mailing list
> with them.

As from my point, I'm afraid I cannot add much value to this as I'm not
very experienced with GOBject and stuff. That's why I didn't mess
around with your patches also.

And as I mentioned according to plugin interface discussion, I like to
have it this way for enabling GObject fun: I want to have someone with
experince managing this kind of stuff.

Cheers,
Frank
--