[Geany-devel] GProject - missing Geany patches

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Tue Apr 26 09:18:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 15:03, Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first sorry for disappearing for such a long time - I didn't have much
> free time left in the past months and from the time I had I dedicated
> most of it to the libchamplain library I maintain to make some bigger
> changes and adapt it to GTK 3 in time for Gnome 3. The good news is
> that I didn't convert to Eclipse or Emacs meanwhile ;-).
>
> There are still quite many patches I have against geany in my
> repository and I'd like to have at least part of them merged so I
> don't have to maintain my own geany branch. So at the moment the
> highest-priority patches for me are those which are necessary in order
> to make GProject working so it can become one of official geany
> plugins. The patches can be found at usual place:
>
> https://gitorious.org/~techy/geany/gproject-geany
>
> under the for_review4 branch. Only the first three of them are needed
> for GProject so they should have the highest priority when reviewing:
>
> 4774306b7f65237ef75b01e8d6c8312dcc5c526e Make project patterns visible
> 57b4120f94e611e8143fba89e397588de8693ec3 Use project patterns in the FIF dialog
> 2edb068b81cb6d541d667efecd0ec4c346f0df51 Open the file in the
> msgwindow even if no linenumber is specified
>
> More info about the patches is in the commit description. If there are
> some questions, please ask me. Also if you prefer the patches in the
> form of ordinary patches rather than git repo, just let me know.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jiri

Hi,

more than two weeks have passed without any response and I fear it
will end the same way as many times before - that I post my patches,
nobody looks at them and they get forgotten. I fully understand that
people have limited time to work on geany (so do I), the problem is
that most of the patches are 9 months old and they haven't been
reviewed so far.

Of course I understand that you may not want to have some patches
merged to geany - just tell me and I'll either remove or rework them.
I'd just like to get some sort of feedback - positive or negative.

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with to get the
patches reviewed. Or, if you don't want my patches at all for some
reason, please tell me as well so I stop spamming the mailing list
with them.

Cheers,

Jiri