[Geany-devel] configure fails on VTE check

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Apr 23 22:27:32 UTC 2011

On 04/23/11 13:45, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Dear all
> I'm trying to build plugins r2050 against Geany r5734. Geany
> configured and compiled fine. The plugins fail on configure:
>
> "checking for VTE... configure: error: Package requirements (vte>=
> 0.24) were not met:
>
> Requested 'vte>= 0.24' but version of vte is 0.23.5"
>
> Is there a reason for the deps mismatch? Otherwise, how can I work
> around? Regards
> Liviu

You can either upgrade your libvte using your package manager or from
source here[1] or you can disable the plugin that requires it
(Debugger?) using the configure script (see ./configure --help).

[1] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/vte/