[Geany-devel] {datetime} & {date} are updated only after config reload

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Sat Apr 23 18:25:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:27:44 +0200
> Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The {datetime} & {date} templates are updated only after reloading the
>> config. To reproduce insert {datetime} in
>> ~/.config/geany/templates/changelog, reload the config and then in a
>> blank document do c-menu > insert > changelog. Wait a minute (or an
>> hour, or a day) and insert again the entry, and you will notice that
>> Geany always uses the time of the last Tools > Reload config, and not
>> the current system time. The behaviour can easily make the user insert
>> the wrong time (or even day or week, when keeping the session alive
>> using suspend) when compiling logs.
>
> Should be fixed now in SVN, thanks.

Cool! Thanks.

I tried to compile r5734 but I hit a bump:
  AR     libtagmanager.a
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/geany/tagmanager'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/geany/tagmanager'
Making all in scintilla
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/build/geany/scintilla'
Making all in include
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/build/geany/scintilla/include'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/geany/scintilla/include'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `PlatGTK.cxx', needed by `PlatGTK.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/build/geany/scintilla'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/geany/scintilla'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/geany/scintilla'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/build/geany'
>make (6140) returned '2'

Configure went fine:
Install Geany in                   : /usr/local
Using GTK version                  : 2.20.1
Build with GTK printing support    : yes
Build with plugin support          : yes
Use virtual terminal support       : yes
Use (UNIX domain) socket support   : yes
GNU regex library                  : system
Compiling Subversion revision      : r5734

Configuration is done OK.

Am I missing something?
Liviu