[Geany-devel] rewritten load_startup_files()

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Sat Apr 23 05:23:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:59:16 +0300%
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:24:01 +0400
> Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I must note that this version print GTK assertion in a couple
> > of cases.
>
> You only pointed one case. What are the others?

This is my mistake. There is only one case (which I described).

> > This happens when user tries to (1) simultaneously open a project
> > and load the default session and at the same time (2) has "Use
> > project-based project files" preference unchecked.  [...]  So, the
> > solution will be not to call load_session_project_file() here (as
> > it does not do anything anyway, and default session seems to open
> > even without this call).
>
> Exactly. I was somehow under the impression that the call is needed
> to load the default session, but it's actually useless. Thanks.
>
> (But PBSF=off is really something - haven't seen it anywhere else.)

Agree :)

> > In SM there is additional handling of:
> > - if Geany is being restored by the session manager
> > - new load_session_if_any_files_loaded preference
>
> Assuming that prefs.load_session_if_any_files_loaded implies
> prefs.load_session:
>
> if (libsm_client_id != NULL || (prefs.load_session && (argc <= 1 ||
> 	load_session_if_any_files_loaded) && cl_options.load_session
> && !cl_options.new_instance))
>
> One of my goals was to make the inclusion of such things easier - just
> change the "Load the default session" condition, update the comment
> accordingly, and voila.

Well, yes, this "additional handling" causes only some modification
of conditions.  So, I guess, it won't be hard for me to adapt you code
to my SM if it's committed.

--
Best regards,
Eugene