[Geany-devel] Patches for XML snippets plugin

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Fri Apr 22 11:28:14 UTC 2011

Hi Nick.

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:21:39 +0100%
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 15:05:21 +0400
> Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If anyone has some free time for me, please take a look at a
> > message I sent in November [1].  There I attached two patches for
> > Geany which were (and still are) necessary for XML Snippets plugin
> > that was discussed in that thread.  You can also read at [1] about
> > what the patches do.
> >
> > Now I attach the updated patches.  Hope they will become a part of
> > Geany and the plugin (not yet released anywhere) will no longer
> > depend on these «third-party» patches.
>
> I've now fixed the bug with {ob}pc{cb} in a different way and cleaned
> up the original code so the cursor positions is handled quite simply,
> also fixing tabs+spaces mode cursor positions.

Okay, thank you for this change.  I saw that your implementation is
shorter and simpler than mine.

> I'm not sure that exposing editor_snippets_make_replacements() is a
> good idea.

This is actually a bug in the patch…  The plugin does not need this
function.  Updated patch (which only adds utils_find_open_xml_tag_pos)
attached.

--
Best regards,
Eugene.