[Geany-devel] hex mode

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Apr 19 12:47:58 UTC 2011

Am 19.04.2011 08:50, schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> Am 14.04.2011 22:29, schrieb Liviu Andronic:
>> Does Geany have a hex mode, that is can I open files in hex mode?
>>
>> And a bit more OT, Geany refuses to force-open a PDF file. Nano, for
>> example, opens the PDF. Is it normal?
>
> As already mentioned, this is intended behavior due Scintilla. But
> maybe this could be a cool feature for Scintilla in general.

Scintilla can handle this just fine. In my repo[1] there's a patch[2]
which enables opening binary files. I'm using it since ages. It was
originally posted here[3].

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/geany-mirror/kugel-geany.git
[2]
http://repo.or.cz/w/geany-mirror/kugel-geany.git/commit/3897013973c2b49b0671ca22bba54b94e0bc1878