[Geany-devel] {datetime} & {date} are updated only after config reload

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Sun Apr 17 10:55:09 UTC 2011

Hello
I'm not sure I follow.

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 April 2011 20:37, Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>>> What about moving this to request time? So not parsing at startup but
>>> parsing it when requested by user to insert?

This means that when selecting c-menu > insert > changelog the
{datetime} inserted will be the system current date and time. Correct?
Inserting a second time, 2 min later, would insert a new date and time
(again current with respect to the moment of insertion).

>> Yes! This would definitely be much better. Of course, if easy enough
>> to implement.
>> Liviu
>
> Personally I'd prefer it to happen automatically the first time the
> file is saved, the way the filename is inserted.

This would set the date and time to the time of the file first save.
And then it would stay static. Correct? I'm not sure how useful this
would be, at least not for me.

Regards
Liviu