[Geany-devel] hex mode

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Apr 14 23:45:05 UTC 2011

On 15 April 2011 06:51, Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 14.04.2011, 22:29 +0200 schrieb Liviu Andronic:
>> And a bit more OT, Geany refuses to force-open a PDF file. Nano, for
>> example, opens the PDF. Is it normal?
>
> This is intended behavior as far as I know, yes.
>
> Regards,
> Dominic

You can force the open by setting the encoding to none, but as
Scintilla takes a null terminated string of text to display, what is
shown stops at the first zero byte in the file.
As Scintilla is a text editing widget, and because changing it would
break the interface to all the users of Scintilla, this behavior is
unlikely to change.