[Geany-devel] configuration save: utils_build_path?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Apr 11 11:51:19 UTC 2011

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:16:26 +0300
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > utils_build_path is really a bomb waiting to explode in someone's face
> > (well code anyway :-).  It shouldn't be a general util, either it
> > should be made safe or if some part of Geany uses enough paths that it
> > really is a material overhead to allocate and deallocate buffers then
> > it should be made a local function there, not a general util.
>
> +1. On a second thought, +10.

The reason I wrote it wasn't efficiency, but to avoid having to
manually free the string each time. I miss RAII :-/

I agree it's not safe and maybe we should remove it. I deliberately
didn't add it to the plugin API for this reason.

Regards,
Nick