[Geany-devel] geany-newsletter: License of newsletter

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Apr 8 22:39:17 UTC 2011

On 04/08/11 09:18, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> I just want to ask about which license we shall use for the newsletter
> in future. I'd like to prefer to put it under terms of one of the
> CC-family licenses. CC-BY (by = Geany Newsletter Team) would fit most
> IMHO. What's your opinion?

Anything with free distribution seems reasonable.  I'm not sure why
modification permissions would need to available, just for the sake of
keeping each issue "a slice in time" and/or not to be mangled out of
context, but it's probably no big deal anyway.

http://creativecommons.org/choose/