[Geany-devel] save find settings - regex & case sensitive

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Apr 5 17:13:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:19:29 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:53:48 +0100
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > >Note that when you check "regular expressions", Geany remembers the
> > >"case sensitive" state, [...]
> >
> The idea was that most regex searches are case-sensitive so it would
> save time auto-enabling case-sensitive.
>
> Now that the options are saved & restored I've removed this behaviour,
> as it can be confusing and/or annoying.

The last message (from 2011-03-09) from the "save find settings" thread
includes a patch that implements this behaviour accross restarts, but I
really prefer it removed altogether. So here is a few lines patch that
deletes the now useless comment about the stash prefs order, and moves
case prefs after regex, as it should be. Case closed. :)

--
E-gards: Jimmy