[Geany-devel] save find settings - regex & case sensitive

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Apr 5 16:19:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:53:48 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Note that when you check "regular expressions", Geany remembers the
> >"case sensitive" state, and restores it when regex is unchecked. This
> >remembered state is not saved, so after restart, you'll get "regular
> >expressions" and "case sensitive" as you see them.
> >
> >This remembered state was partially wrong, shared between the Find and
> >Replace dialogs (their settings are separate), so I created separate
> >states. Truth to be said, I can't grasp why regex and case are bound
> >like that.
>
> I'm not sure too why they are bound so closely but I know they are
> already for a long time (since sometime 2006, revision 700).

The idea was that most regex searches are case-sensitive so it would
save time auto-enabling case-sensitive.

Now that the options are saved & restored I've removed this behaviour,
as it can be confusing and/or annoying.

Regards,
Nick