[Geany-devel] filetype-independent run command & keybinding - Re: SF.net SVN: geany:[5673] trunk/TODO

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Apr 4 16:38:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 02:33:46 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For build we have a separate group for filetype and independent
> > commands. I think the same would be good for run commands for symmetry,
> > and this makes sense if we split the dialog as I mentioned below.
>
> Yes, that would make sense.

Cool.

> >> I think really we need to be able to set keybindings for all the
> >> commands rather than hard wiring extra fixed ones, but IIRC the
> >> problem was that none of us could ever think of a quick and easy way
> >> of making the keybinding dialog handle variable numbers of commands.
> >
> > This isn't about hard-wiring. The idea was to have a separate
> > independent run command. It would actually be a separate command group.
>
> Well what I meant is you still have to "hard wire" the keybindings
> ATM, thats all the keybinding dialog can handle.

Yes, this is an existing issue.

> The number of build menu items is fixed at startup so I suppose that
> rows in the keybindings dialog can be made for all those, but it might
> be confusing having keybindings visible for commands that are not (the
> empty commands, no point in being able to keybind them :).  So we have
> to hide some of the rows in the keybinding list each time the build
> commands are updated, and change the text for the visible ones as
> well.  I suppose its all doable, it just needs to be done.

I don't think it's too confusing to have a 'Project Run' keybinding
that does nothing by default. The same is true of the filetype build
commands when a filetype has none set. I don't think we should hide
them.

Regards,
Nick