[Geany-devel] Scintilla copy updated to 2.25 (was: Re: Scintilla 2.25)

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Mon Apr 4 06:54:12 UTC 2011

Am 04.04.2011 00:35, schrieb Frank Lanitz:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 00:30:32 +0200
> Colomban Wendling<lists.ban at herbesfolles.org>  wrote:
>
>> Le 03/04/2011 23:34, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>>> On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 06:15:54 -0700, Matthew wrote:
>>>   [...]
>>>
>>> - on GTK 2.22 and newer, Scintilla now uses Cairo for drawing which
>>> results in smaller and differently rendered fonts. Need to
>>> investigate this further
>> I investigated this and sent a patch to upstream:
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3272662&group_id=2439&atid=352439
>>
>> Ah and actually the font was bigger for me :D
>> Nothing really strange about it if I understood the problem
>> completely since it's related to screen resolution.
> Maybe that's the reason I didn't recognize any changes ;)

Fonts didn't change for me as well.

> Hopefully the issue with bold fonts causing alignment issues is gone
> now, I still need to test a bit more.

Unfortunately that issue is still there.

Other than that, no issue for me. If anything I'd say scrolling is very
slightly more smooth, but that may just be pure imagination.

Best regards.