[Geany-devel] Win32 Build

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 3 15:18:54 UTC 2011

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 13:44:30 -0700, Matthew wrote:

Hey,

>I got Geany to build on Windows XP using the latest SVN.  There were
>some things I needed to change to make the build work.  I've attached
>a patch to show what I changed.
>
>This patch isn't meant to be applied directly, just to show what I
>needed to do to make Geany build.  The main problems were using make
>escape character \ as a path separator and missing gdk-pixbuf-2.0
>include in GTK_INCLUDES.

Weird.
I don't know why I don't have these problems. The missing gdk-pixbuf
includes might be due newer GTK version you used. I build Geany on
Windows with GTK 2.16 which was the recommended version since they
changed quite some stuff in 2.18. Not sure what's the current status
about this.
Anyway, after testing I'll apply at least the patch character parts of
the patches.

>Now I just need to figure out how to install it :)

The makefile.win32 Makefile set doesn't support installing.
I use Waf on Windows to build Geany and then simply use 'python waf
install' which installs Geany into geany-0.21 of the current directory.
From there, you can copy all files from there into your normal
installation or whatever you want to do with it :).