[Geany-devel] Scintilla 2.25

Randy Kramer rhkramer at xxxxx
Sun Apr 3 11:14:22 UTC 2011

Matthew (or anybody),

I want to piggyback my question onto this thread, as I suspect you'll
know the answer.  If I create a new lexer for Scintilla, and then
compile Scintilla, what must I do to get that new lexer (and new
Scintilla) to work with Geany?

I tried to look into this a little bit once (at the time as almost a
total newbie to C/C++) (about 18 months ago).  I vaguely recall that
Geany needs something other (or in addition to) the <lexer>.properties
file which SciTE needs to make use of a new lexer.  (As well, Scintilla
and SciTE need some changes to various files other than the new lexer
file to make a lexer take effect.)

Is there something about the requirements or procedure to get a new
lexer / new Scintilla to work with Geany?

Thanks,
Randy Kramer