[Geany-devel] Quck and very-very dirty patch adding clang code completion support.

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Apr 3 11:02:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 23:04:44 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 March 2011 21:09, Alexander Tumin <itakingiteasy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > *NOT FOR REAL USE*
> >
> > Just an example how Clang's code completion support may be added to
> > the geany. Code is awful, Makefile.in edited by hand, etc. Usage as
> > is not recommended. But prooves the concept and actualy works. I
> > hope someone will fix it so it became usable.
>
> Nice idea, but I think that this needs to go in a plugin because I
> don't think we want Geany to have a dependency on clang.  You might
> need to ask for a signal to be emitted from editor_start_autocomplete
> that you can connect to to call clang.

Another possibility, but will introduce a huge amount of code which
needs to be maintained, is to make it a build dependency in kind of
switch (#ifdef ...) so it can be turned on by compile time and would not
cause a hard, extra dependency.

Cheers,
Frank
--