[Geany-devel] [Patch] : On closing the last tab create new untitled document.

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Sep 30 14:52:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:35:59 +0300
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > * new_document_after_close=true under [geany] in geany.conf.
> >
> I'm really nitpicking now, but is there a reason that the following
> two actions are visually different, when a last empty tab is present:
> - close last empty tab, the grey screen briefly pops out and
> immediately a new 'untitled' document is created (a bit disturbing)
> - create new empty file, the last empty tab gets replaced and no grey
> screen and deactivated menus are visually noticed
>
> In both cases Geany reports:
> 15:33:52: File untitled closed.
> 15:33:52: New file "untitled" opened.

I've now implemented this, but it was harder because you have to avoid
recursion - opening a document closes an empty doc, but that triggered
a new doc before the document was opened. Please test.

Regards,
Nick