[Geany-devel] Upgrading to glade 3 - Re: Glade 2.12 won't build with recent GTK

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Sep 13 11:11:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:31:47 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Indeed, maybe its time to think about the whole UI implementation, eg
> >> using UIManager for the menu & toolbar which helps with integration of
> >> plugin extensions and allows things like build systems to add to them
> >> easily :-).
> >
> > Not sure if it's worth rewriting, but I haven't used UIManager.
>
> Oh, it would only be worth it when making a big change like moving to
> libglade, but its worth a thought then.

OK.

> >> And maybe (not really important) clean up some of the extraneous 1s in
> >> the names.
> >
> > If Glade 3 still puts 1 on the end of widget names by default then
> > every time a widget was added we'd have to remember to edit the name.
>
> Or remember to put the 1 in all references in the code, six of one
> half a dozen of the other :-)

I think Glade increments the 1 for duplicate names, but of course any
names with no digit maybe should be changed. The problem is it may
break plugin code though.

Regards,
Nick