[Geany-devel] Vala plugins - Re: GOject Introspection for Geany

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 7 15:34:05 UTC 2010

On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 15:00:44 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Well, beside this, I worked a while ago on a little hand-crafted Vala
> VAPI file for Geany [1], and although it's probably buggy because not
> well-tested, it worked. I've not told anyone about it because it isn't
> production-ready, but I unfortunately haven't found the time to work on
> it since then...
> But since we got here, what would Geany developers think of supporting
> this kinda officially if it shows to work well? It would need to be
> maintained up-to-date (which means updating it when the C API changes
> and/or grows); but it would allow to write plugins in Vala :)

I haven't really used Vala but it looks good.

I think it would be OK to add a Vala API file to the distribution if
it's not too big. If we did though, we can't guarantee it would always
be up to date with the latest additions, but even so it may be worth
doing.

Regards,
Nick