[Geany-devel] Unhide preferences

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Oct 28 17:23:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:46:11 +0300
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a more complete version of the Various Preferences. The
> interface is fixed (but still in interface.c only), deselecting an item
> works properly, the [build-menu] settings are added, the code is
> improved, and a minimal documentation is included.

Thanks. I'll try to look at it soon.

> What remains:
>
> Cleanup the VteConfig *vc usage and include the hidden VTE settings.
>
> Try to reproduce the interface in geany.glade :(

BTW if you don't like using Glade you can add the tab manually, like
the VTE does. Maybe the interface.c code could be moved elsewhere.

> Check which settings require restart and display the message for them
> only? Is marking them one-by-one worth the effort?

No, but perhaps there could be a group setting for this (if it fits in
with your code).

> Display the group name? Add a show_group_name flag? For example:
> stash_group_set_show_group_name(group, gboolean show_group_name).
>
> Use ( ) true ( ) false radio buttons for the boolean settings?

I'll answer these later after testing the patch.

Nick